Re: [8023-POEP] 350uH Ad Hoc conference call - 6/5 - revised presentation

George,

I like it. I think Slide 10 needs to be updated so the waveform is more consistent with your 87% droop though.

Dan

From: owner-stds-802-3-poep@IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-poep@IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of George Zimmerman
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:24 PM
To: STDS-802-3-POEP@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [8023-POEP] 350uH Ad Hoc conference call - 6/5 - revised presentation

Attached please find a slightly revised presentation.  We have clarified the explanation, better showing the dynamic behavior and quantifying the test results.  Also, after reviewing the detailed UNH test report, there was an exceptional case for the 70% droop, (but none for the 85% droop) so we decided to go with safety and recommend that the droop specification produce waveforms identical to the existing 350uH specification (87% long-term droop), without relaxing, even though the vast majority of PHYs and cases would still work.

-george