Thread Links Date Links
Thread Prev Thread Next Thread Index Date Prev Date Next Date Index

Re: DTE Power: Action Items from Plenary Meeting

We will need an extra week or two to get our magnetics and connector
questions together. We are working on it, though.

I would appreciate anyone with SPICE models of magnetics, connectors or
CAT5/6 cable contacting me next week if possible.


Larry Miller
Nortel Networks
(408) 495-2852

At 10:49 AM 11/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>To keep my promise to annoy you via the reflector, here is a reminder of our
>actions items to date:
>Action: All members will send questions on magnetics or connectors to the
>reflector in the next two weeks. The SG chair will collect these and forward
>them to the proper parties.
>Action: LAN test equipment must be studied further as some of them may
>operate outside of the current 802.3 standard.  Again, within the next two
>weeks members were exhorted to send in to the reflector names LAN test
>equipment companies the known of, and they will be solicited for information
>by the chair.
>Close date: December 1
>Action: Proprietary digital phone interfaces on PBX equipment must be
>studied further, and the members were solicited for information on the
>interface details of their respective company's product offerings and that a
>general solicitation would be made to the 802.3 WG.
>Action: Henry Hinrichs is to speak with Bob Love of 802.5 to determine the
>Token Ring interface characteristics.
>Action: Arlan Anderson and Mike McCormack will independently pursue with
>their company's compliance groups, the up to date international regulatory
>standards for maximum voltage.
>Action: Henry Hinrichs will provide us with real numbers on the physical
>limitations and characteristics of magnetics.
>Action: Larry Miller is to work up a SPICE model of the interface and is
>welcoming input from the members for model for specific components
>Closing date: Two weeks prior to January meeting; sooner if possible
>Steven B. Carlson
>Co-Chair, ESTA Control Protocols Working Group
>Chair, ACN Task Group
>Chair, IEEE 802.3 DTE Power via MDI Study Group
>High Speed Design, Inc.
>11929 NW Old Quarry Road
>Portland, OR 97229
>FAX 503.626.4206