Re: Action_item_pinout

At 12:15 PM 11/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>The Nortel Meridian phones use the same 4/5 pairs, in the same way, but the
>voltage is around 30 volts.
>The Meridian 4/5 pair have DC voltage which is symetrical about ground as
>opposed to the plain old telephone which is ground and -48v .

However, on a POTS line the 48V is current limited.  On some of the office
switches
(I don't know about the Nortel Meridian) they are not current limited.
This was a
major problem with smaller form factor modems.

Scott Fritz

TDK Semiconductor Corp.
138 New Mohawk Rd.
Nevada City, CA. 95959
Phone (530) 478-8271  Fax (530) 478-5251