Re: Boredom

Larry

>C'mon, dude, this is engineering! Enough of this THIS IS IT: DEAL WITH IT
>jazz, already.

I agree with your point above completely -- which is why I'm having problems with those on this list bashing a proposed option here while still admitted they have nothing to base in on scientifically....

I don't think "THIS IS IT",  even though I work for that same company. I just don't like the idea of engineers admitting they are using flawed and incomplete data when taking a position (the list email archive proves this to be true)....

>Regards,
>
>Larry Miller
>

>At 11:17 AM 5/9/00 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>Hi
>>
>>Don't tell anyone- but I am bored- really.
>>
>>let's go, what happened to the 1000BT -like wrestling? over the reflector,
>>I was promised that this would be fun, and so far nothing, nothing proves
>>that.
>>
>>I would really flame someone, or impose my ideas on you but at this point
>>I shall speak for at least myself at CISCO (likely for a lot of us), what
>is important to me in this
>>standard is having a spec that an engineer understands when he/she
>>will  read it without calling everyone that was present at the meeting and
>>still be confused about it.   And having a standard that is engineering
>friendly
>>to the customer and myself, from a design/test/reliability/usability
>standpoint.
>>
>>otherwise, let's send in the MBA's they can do a much better job
>>at agendas and business flare ups, and at setting up rules for what is
>>and what is not right.
>>my 2c,
>>roger

"At the end of the day... the most committed win!"

James M. Polk
Sr. Product Manager, Multiservice Architecture and Standards
Enterprise Voice Business Unit
Cisco Systems
Dallas, Texas
w) 972.813.5208