Re: About the 802.3 September Interim Meetings

Geoff -

I realize that much of the comment has been for a meeting in the Eastern
part of the country. However, if that doesn't work out, I could probably
find a really nice facility here in the Salt Lake area (like up at one of
the ski resorts) at out of season rates if we wanted to do that.

Bob Bell

At 15:42  8/2/2000, Geoff Thompson wrote:

>Colleagues-
>
>Much to my chagrin and embarrassment we do not yet have a fully committed
>set of meeting arrangements for the September Interims for 802.3ae and 802.3af.
>
>One thing seems to be clear at this point. That is that the meetings will
>NOT be in the Boston area.
>
>I have been pushing very hard to get this matter resolved as quickly as
>possible. As our lead time has dissolved and because start of the academic
>year is a busy season in Boston it was clear that something had to give in
>our meeting specifications. From our discussions in previous meetings
>and  everybody's calendar management problems I made the decision that we
>could not change the meeting week at this late date. That meant that in
>order to hold the meetings at all we had give the meeting planners more
>freedom in city location. The current possibilities are: Anywhere in the
>48 states or Canada that has reasonable airline access. At this point Salt
>Lake City is a leading contender but nothing is settled.
>
>There will be a phone meeting this evening (Wednesday) of all of the
>principals. It is my intention that we will get a hard commitment for a
>location from the meeting.
>
>You will have an e-mail announcing the decision and arrangements
>absolutely as soon as possible.
>
>My apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing you.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Geoff Thompson
>|=========================================|
>| Geoffrey O. Thompson                    |
>| Chair IEEE 802.3                        |
>| Nortel Networks, Inc.  M/S SC5-02       |
>| 4401 Great America Parkway              |
>| P. O. Box 58185                         |
>| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185  USA         |
>| Phone: +1 408 495 1339                  |
>| Fax:   +1 408 495 5615                  |
>| E-Mail: gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     |
>| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at   |
>   http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html

Bob Bell
Cisco Systems Inc.
801-294-3034(v)