Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 11:51 AM
Subject: RJ-45 common mode radiated emissions testing

I have posted the test setup and results of a radiated emissions test that I did recently in a 10 meter anechoic chamber.

The test was to try to determine what common mode signal voltage would produce a radiated field that would be at the
compliance limit, class B in this case.
I hope that this data will help us to specify a noise requirement for the DTE power from the PSE, as well as the PD.

It is important to understand that the radiated emissions requirements only cover from 30MHz and higher.
The spectral region from 500 kHz to 30 MHz, is obviously of importance to 10/100/1000, but I don't cover it here.

The pdf file is at:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/power_study/public/email_attach/RJ45_rad_emissions.pdf

comments, questions?

thanks,