RE: Static Discharge

The 2kv cap is not suppose to leak.

Assuming that the energy level develops on low capacitance value (few
nano-farads), than a "bleed" resistor located between the positive and the
negative feeding lines of 10 to 100K can discharge it (lower value - better
results).

Better way is to clamp the voltage developed from excessive charges by using
low impedance path that activated at a certain voltage that fits
the system requirements at normal working conditions.

Yair.

Darshan Yair
Chief  R&D  Engineer
> PowerDsine Ltd.  -  Powering Converged Networks
> 1 Hanagar St., P.O. Box 7220
> Neve Ne'eman Industrial Zone
> Hod Hasharon 45421, Israel
Tel:  +972-9-775-5100, Cell: +972-54-893019
Fax: +972-9-775-5111