Static Discharge

Hi

I ditto Larry on this with a small addition,
when I showed up to see someone with the 750v number, the next question was
this sounds about enough to power the whole switch? (laughs)

so we are really talking about a charge that we measured in "volts"....
add to that what Larry is saying down here, when the Moon aligns with the sun,
and humidity is just right, and installers are new to the game....
this can be an issue....

to model this to a first order, Power design has done well at using a charged
cap
discharging into the RJ45....

but at the end, Larry/Rick has shown the EFTB test on his detection scheme, we
need to
do the same for the silicon on the wire, this is where spikes are coupled onto
a cable
and fed into the RJ45 as detection is happening in real time.

roger