Re: floating power, be afraid...

Hi Rick,

I am in an awkward situation. Coming from the ex-phone company
I had access to "Propreitary" documents that I have seen
that discuss "anomolous" voltage generation in long
transmission wires. This info may be available in the public
domain, but I don't know where. I am not sure the voltages
are big enough to be concerned about, but they seem to originate
from solar activity. There was one incident reported where
a telegraph line ran for "several days" without the
application of power due to this mechanism.

I think longitudanal voltages are something to be considered.

Bob