Re: PD power

Dieter -

Good point. This could complicate the PD inrush limiter, if the PD has to
vary its inrush limit to follow the input voltage...

Possibilities:
1) PD controls its inrush current to keep <12.95W at startup. This is a
bear for an analog circuit - but it's really easy for a switching regulator.
2) PD sets inrush current <225mA (12.95W/57v) for all input voltages - but
now it's a 6.8W PD at 30V...
3) We write the spec to waive the 12.95W limit for the first 100ms, and
allow up to 350mA (or maybe 500mA) for that time. 12.95W after that - easy
for the switching regulator, once the input cap is charged.

3 looks like the only practical answer to me.

Dave