Re: PD power

Dave / Dieter and all,

Regarding the 3 options mentioned below:

Option 2 would limit the device to a 6.8W device only at startup. I am
not sure that that is a bad thing since we are not limiting the maximum
power of the device during operation. My guess is that most devices
would not consume maximum power at startup (the first xxx msec of
startup).

My concern with Option 3 is the actual time that we have to deal with
the inrush current on the PSE side. During startup when the FET is
partially on it will be dissipating alot of power. 100 msec seems to be
an excessive time to hold 0.5A. If we go down this path I would suggest
that we look at reducing the inrush current time.

that's my 2c

thanx
wael