RE: PD power

We can easily reduce the time to 50mSec by specifying that the PD input cap
will be 470uF max. which is more than enough for the typical low cost 15W
converter.
(Tested analyzed and verified).

I do not agree to you guess that most devices would not consume max. power.
Today, most devices that uses the POL technology are around the 10W load.
Tomorrow it could be other applications which less power (IP phones)
and day after tomorrow ? who knows. We need to be prepared to wide range of
application.

According to that if the max. power expected from PSE at PD input is 12.95W
than startup energy might be easily above this number.

Yair.