RE: detecting a PD disconnection event

Rick and group,

I still prefer 1a.
Since detecting a minimum current is such a basic and obvious means to
detect a disconnect, I don't think anyone could even think of suing.  (Not
even Lucent or Avaya.)  ;-)

This means of detecting a disconnect has been in use for over 100yrs by
telephone companies, worldwide, to detect the telephone on-hook condition.

However, I have no problem with other means, as you mentioned, as long as
the minimum current method can still be used.

Please keep in mind, eventually there will be many other devices powered by
the Ethernet, simple might give us more flexibility in the future.

Regards

Jerry

	Gerard E. (Jerry) Bachand
Avaya Inc.