RE: insuring the stability of power delivery

Gerard, Yair, and all:

My only concern in this message string is with Item #3 (Charge-Up time for a
470uF capacitor).  If foldback current limiting is to be allowed during
start-up as a means of reducing peak MOSFET power dissipation, I would
recommend lengthening the time allowed for charging a 500uF nominal
capacitor to:

T = (C x V)/I = (470uf x 1.2)(44V)/0.10A = 248ms = 250ms maximum.

Comments are appreciated...

Peter Schwartz
Applications Engineer
Micrel Semiconductor