[802.3af] DTE Power: July Plenary Meeting - 802.3af

Colleagues:

I'm looking forward to welcoming you to our July meetings in my home town.
Hopefully, we might even see the sun while you are here! Check out
http://portland.citysearch.com/ for lots of good information on the Portland
area. Also, visit http://www.powells.com/, then plan to drop by while you're
here.

The IEEE 802.3 WG and 802.3af DTE Power via MDI Task Force will meet on the
following days:

Monday, July 9: 802.3 WG Opening Plenary 1PM-5PM
Tuesday, July 10: 802.3af TF 8:30PM - 6PM
Wednesday, July 11: 802.3af TF 8:30PM - 6PM
Thursday, July 12: 802.3af TF 8:30PM - 12 noon
Thursday, July 12: 802.3 WG Closing Plenary 1PM-5PM

We will be doing Comment Resolution from our TF Ballot during this meeting.
Please be ready to read and comment on the draft when it becomes available.
Please plan on attending both the opening and closing 802.3 WG Plenary
meetings. Our group will receive questions on our work and progress to date
and I will need your expertise to provide the best, most complete answers.

This information is from the 802 Plenary organizers:

	a)	The Portland Marriott Downtown in Portland, Oregon, is the site for the
upcoming July 2001 IEEE 802 Plenary Meeting.  The special IEEE 802 room
block is NOW SOLD OUT.  However, please call the Portland Downtown Marriott
directly at (503) 226-7600 and request to be put onto the IEEE 802
WAIT-LIST.  This group has 5-10% cancellations, and the hotel will contact
you when rooms become available.  You may also wish to call the hotel 1 week
prior to the start of the Plenary Meeting to check the status of your
reservation request.  The special IEEE 802 rates are $131US/night single
occupancy and $145US/night double/twin occupancy plus applicable taxes.
Room reservations may be canceled without penalty up until 48-hours prior to
6pm of arrival date.   The Portland Downtown Marriott is located 12 miles
from the Portland International Airport.  Gray Line shuttle to the hotel is
available every 45 minutes and cost $15 per person each way.  Shuttle
reservations are not required.  Hotel self-parking for in-house guest is
currently $16 per night or $4 per
hour.  Other public parking is available behind the hotel.

	b)	We have made arrangements for overflow rooms at the Marriott Residence
Inn.  Guest rooms are very limited, so please call the hotel directly at
(503) 552-9500 ASAP or make room reservations at:
http://www.residenceinn.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=PDXRI.

	c)	The special rates of $119/night single or double/twin occupancy are
based on space availability.  A full American or Asian breakfast is served
each morning along with an evening reception (included in the room rate).
Room reservations may be canceled without penalty up until 24 hours prior to
6pm of arrival date, if you receive a wait-list room at the Portland
Downtown Marriott or if your plans change. The room block cut-off date is
Monday, June 18, 2001.  The Marriott Residence Inn is located at the edge of
the Willamette River and is no more than a 10 minute walk to the Portland
Downtown Marriott Hotel.  A hotel shuttle will be available on a continuous
basis to and from the Portland Downtown Marriott.   Hotel parking is $15 per
day.

	d)	Please note that new 802 Secure Web Registration service is NOW
available.  Click on:
				 http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/Pregform.html  to register NOW.

The Web registration cannot process American Express cards at present. This
is supposed to be fixed by Thursday, June 14.

	e)	Just a reminder that Registration Deadline is:  Wednesday, June 27, 2001
to Save $50 !!!  For further info on meeting and registration see:
http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

	f)	The IEEE 802 Opening Plenary will begin Monday, July 9th at 11:00am and
the 802 Working Group Meetings will begin at 1:00pm.  Please note:  Some of
the Working Groups have scheduled meeting for Friday, July 13th.   Please
visit the home web site is for each Working Group for detailed agendas.  The
closing SEC meeting is now scheduled to run from 3 to 7pm on Friday.

Please contact us at: 802info@xxxxxxxx or (408)241-8906 if you require
further information and/or assistance.  We look forward to seeing you in
Portland.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
President
Co-Chair, ESTA Control Protocols Working Group
Chair, ESTA ACN Task Group
http://www.esta.org
Chair, IEEE 802.3af DTE Power via MDI Task Force
http://www.ieee802.org/3/af/index.html
High Speed Design, Inc.
11929 NW Old Quarry Road
Portland, OR 97229