[802.3af] RE: Startup and PD input cap

Dave, Roger, and all,

Thanks for bringing up the PD vs. PSE inrush issue.
(At least it wasn't me this time!)

I agree that in the long term, the cost difference
between the two approaches will approach zero.

With that issue aside, putting inrush limiting in the PD gives
us a more robust specification, and far less chance for
interoperability issues in the future.

Either method will work. Yair has shown that. The question arises
whether 5 years from now, with all the "conditions" placed on
the designs, whether inrush limiting in the PSE will be robust.
With PD inrush limiting We know the answer will be yes.

Roger, since you are impartial, how about taking a poll as Don has done?

Brian