[802.3af] 802.3af Interim Meeting
As you may know, 802.3ae (10Gig) and 802.3ah (EFM) have cancelled their
Copenhagen Interim and plan to reschedule. The decision to cancel was based
upon attendance feedback from TF members.
I would like to meet 802.3af in Portsmouth on our original schedule. We are
making progress and I would like to keep up the momentum. It will be
difficult to reschedule this meeting, and our host will take a large
financial hit in cancellation fees. I understand that your employer may have
travel restrictions in force that are beyond your control. If air travel is
still unavailable by meeting time, however, the hotel will allow us to
cancel without penalty.
To help with this decision, please send me an email (scarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
with the subject line "PORTSMOUTH -- YES" if you are still planning to
attend. You need not respond unless you will attend. Please do not send to
Please respond to me by 5PM on Thursday, September 12. Thank you in advance
for your help.
Steven B. Carlson
Co-Chair, ESTA Control Protocols Working Group
Chair, ESTA ACN Task Group
Chair, IEEE 802.3af DTE Power via MDI Task Force
High Speed Design, Inc.
11929 NW Old Quarry Road
Portland, OR 97229
----- End Included Message -----