[802.3af] Using 3rd alternative for disconnect detection

Hi guys,

During the last weeks few of us discussed of using 3rd alternative for
detection.
The 3rd alternative is based on detecting the big capacitor presence at the
PD input DC/DC converter.
The advantages of this method is mainly the fact that we don't have to add
to the PD any additional component.
The element being used for disconnect detection is the input cap of the
DC/DC converter that must be there in any case.

From the PSE side we need the hardware that will detect the capacitor min.
value however since it is alternative at the PSE side, we not need to define
it now and we have time to put some work on it in order to demonstrate few
concepts that works.

My question to you guys is  if you are supporting a 3rd alternative.

If you support it, we can invest the time to show working concepts.

I and others in the group find it very important to have a 3rd alternative
in case that the Link method will have problems, however I would like to
know others opinion.

Please let me know what is your preferences regarding the following options.

1. Agree to add option c) to the power maintenance signal by utilizing the
minimum capacitor 5uF as specified in table 12.

2. Agree to add option c) to the power maintenance signal by utilizing the
minimum capacitor 5uF as specified in table 12 and increase it to 50uF
    in order to simplify the hardware required in the PSE side.

3. Agree to add option c) to the power maintenance signal by utilizing the
minimum capacitor as specified in table 12. Final min. value will be
determined later.

4. Agree to (1) if working concept will be demonstrated.

5. Agree to (2) if working concept will be demonstrated.

6. Agree to (3) if working concept will be demonstrated.

7. No value in 3rd alternative.

Please choose one of the above option as soon as possible.

Thanks

Yair