RE: [802.3af] 45Kmin instead of 70Kmin ?

Ho Thong,
Reducing the probing voltage across the port down to 7.6V can fix the
consistency of the numbers however lower voltages will cause greater errors
for Rsignature measurements.
The two point measurements do not cancel totally the effect of the diodes
drop in the PD due to differences in the voltage drop as a function of the
current through the diode.
If I'll have the time I'll write and send you the analysis showing this
effect prior to next week meeting.
The only issue left to check is if we will get positive detection if two
PSE's are connected together and I am checking it.

So the picture as I see right now is:
1. Using large probing voltage range is OK (2.8 to 10V).
2. Using the upper voltage range is best from accuracy point of view.
3. Using the option of current source I agree that there is no problem
however the use of Voltage source
   should be free of problems too and all numbers should be consistent.
4. Using the 1st quadrant circuit is OK too, again the high impedance
circuit should be well defined too.
5. We need to check that positive detection will not occur under the
limitations and tolerances that we have
   defined and presented by Rick's work.

Regards

Yair