Re: [802.3af] Draft availability

Hi-

I just read through draft 3.1 and I wanted to provide some feedback...

It seems to me that the power-via-mdi concept is relatively simple.  The
current draft makes these ideas seem extremely (overly) complex.

First, the draft neglects to introduce the reader to the simplicity of the
concept as well as isolating the systemic (symbiotic) nature of both ends
of the link (ie. you talk about the PSE and PD in completely different
contexts).  It seems that a better formed introductory section would go a
long way here.

Secondly, while I'm a big fan of the rigorous testing methodology
definitions, I found that having them interspersed with the actual
specification added to the painful reading of the intended functionality.

I have not done a complete technical correlation of the spec, but it
generally seems quite correct.

I acknowledge that I have not participated in this specification process,
and I considered holding my tongue in this case.  However, I believe that
this committee is doing itself a disservice by not publishing a well
written specification.

Humbly,

JR Rivers