Re: [802.3af] comment #178

I recall suggesting this (St. Louis 1?) and being roundly abused for "not
understanding statistical power management". Seems that "unknown" is
different from "will be full power in some mode", at least in someone's
opinion. I personally agree that Class 3 seems redundant, at least from a
hardware point of view.

I think we need to keep Class 4 in the PSE half of the spec - this lets me
build a PSE chip that supports Class 4, and system vendors can ship
firmware upgrades to recognize class 4 when it gets defined.

Dave