[802.3af] Re: Surge test with 0.3u/50u
- To: Yair Darshan <YairD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [802.3af] Re: Surge test with 0.3u/50u
- From: Roger Karam <rkaram@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:44:06 -0800
- Cc: "'Geoff Thompson'" <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'mike_s_mccormack@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <mike_s_mccormack@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Steve Carlson'" <scarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Schwartz, Peter'" <Peter.Schwartz@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Dave Dwelley'" <ddwelley@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Chris DiMinico'" <cd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ccullin@xxxxxxxxx'" <ccullin@xxxxxxxxx>, "David Pincu (Dudi)" <Davidp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'stds-802-3-pwrviamdi@xxxxxxxx'" <stds-802-3-pwrviamdi@xxxxxxxx>
- In-Reply-To: <0C2C45920CE4D611A7CE00D0B723EDA50AA15C@SUN>
- Sender: owner-stds-802-3-pwrviamdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
did you or anyone else do this test?
did you pass it?
and where can we find the equipment to test this.
At 08:31 AM 1/29/2003, Yair Darshan wrote:
Chris, Roger and
We in Vancouver wanted to delete the requirement of 0.3u/50u
1000V fault tolerance test.
I have also mentioned that this is a destructive
It is true if it is done with low source impedance 2-12 ohms
which is the standard surge test when it forms part of the immunity tests
during EMI tests.
However, this requirement is specified by figure 33-18 with
two 404 ohms source resistance which make life much easier.
So if we can easily remove this requirement from the draft
lets do it.
If it cause to much trouble (old requirement from 802.3)
than it doesn't worth the time, I don't believe we will have problems
with 1KV pulse 0.3u/50us
through 202 ohm source resistance (two 404 ohms in parallel
according to figure 33-18).
The above info was sent to Chad as part of my comments to
draft 4.01 as informative material to Roger and others who had concerns
regarding this issue.
PowerDsine Ltd. - Powering Converged Networks
1 Hanagar St., P.O. Box 7220
Neve Ne'eman Industrial Zone
Hod Hasharon 45421, Israel
Tel: +972-9-775-5100, Cell: