[802.3af] P8023.af Status

Colleagues,

The recirculation ballot for D4.3 has closed with no new negative votes, no
comments, and the conversion of the remaining four DISAPPROVE votes to
APPROVE. The project package will be presubmitted to RevCom prior to May 2
for inclusion in the June agenda. We anticipate no problems at RevCom or the
Standards Board.

The work of the P802.3af Task Force is now complete. No further meetings
will be held.

My congratulations to the group for a job well done. I would like to thank
you for your dedication, professionalism and commitment over the course of
this project. It has been a privilege working with you.

I hope to see you all at the July Plenary Meeting in San Francisco. I will
present my final report to the 802.3 Working Group at the Opening 802.3
Plenary, and will also recognize the members of the Task Force for their
work. I hope we can have our long-awaited celebration Monday evening.

See you in San Francisco,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
President
Co-Chair, ESTA Control Protocols Working Group
Chair, ESTA ACN Task Group
http://www.esta.org
Chair, IEEE 802.3af DTE Power via MDI Task Force
http://www.ieee802.org/3/af/index.html
Secretary, IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/
High Speed Design, Inc.
11929 NW Old Quarry Road
Portland, OR 97229