[802.3af] Approval of Standard 802.3af-2003

This message is being sent to the 802.3af e-mail reflector, and other
individuals and groups with an interest in the project. My apologies to
those of you who receive multiple copies of this message.

P802.3af, "DTE Power via MDI", was approved by RevCom on 11 June, 2003, and
by the IEEE Standards Board (consent agenda) on 12 June, 2003. The standard
will be published on or before 11 July, 2003, as "802.3af-2003."

The 802.3af reflector will be shut down and the project moved to the
"Archive" section of the 802.3 Website in about one week. My thanks to
everyone who gave their time, energy, and creativity to make this standard

Steven B. Carlson
Co-Chair, ESTA Control Protocols Working Group
Chair, ESTA ACN Task Group
Chair, IEEE 802.3af DTE Power via MDI Task Force
Secretary, IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD Working Group
High Speed Design, Inc.
11929 NW Old Quarry Road
Portland, OR 97229
FAX 503.626.4206