RE: Signal vs. Idle debate (A picture is worth a thousand words)

It seems like people are getting pretty excited about this...

I agree with Dan's argument that mid-span insertion via the unused pairs
will be easier; however, the committee would be doing themselves, the IEEE,
and the customer base a large disservice if we don't make a strong attempt
at powering via the signalling pairs as well.

JR