Re: Three fingers of single-malt scotch...

Hi, all,

I am glad that my feeble attempt at humor apparently did not misfire; shows
that engineers still have a sense of humor, something that has become
rather scarce in many parts of our politically-correct world.

I hoped that by using a dramatic format I could make it unmistakably clear
that:

A) I support the 4-5, 7-8 solution

B) I arrived at this for what seemed to me to be good technical reasons.

C) Anyone who wants my vote moved away from A) will have to tip the balance
away from B).

I received some pretty amusing responses, too:

At 04:19 PM 5/11/00 -0600, DOVE,DANIEL J (HP-Roseville,ex1) wrote:

>Hi Larry,
>
>Thanks for shedding light on this subject.
>
>It didn't even take me three fingers of scotch to figure out
>the benefits of using the "unused pairs".... but, in the future
>I may refer to the benefits of using something that is freely
>available and capable of providing extra margin the "three finger
>rule" if you don't mind.
>
>:)
>
>Regards,
>
>Dan Dove
>HP ProCurve Networks

And to those of you that asked about what happened to the rest of the Scotch,

or wonder what it was that made the printing glow & would I bring some of
it to the meetings....

I say thanks for taking my screed in the proper spirit 8^)

Larry