Re: power delivery question from Liaison report

In terms of what the "connector" sees as far as voltage, the series
voltage is the bulk resistance of the conector, <.2 Ohms typically and
the current through the contact, so we're looking at less than .1 V. In
IEC 603-7 section 6.2.4 20 m Ohms is specified for initial contact
resistance (measured after subtracting out bulk resistance of the
connector) It is allowed to rise to 40 mOhms after 750 mate/unmate
cycles.

As far as voltage proof between contacts, IEC 603-7 section 6.2.2
specifies 1000 Vac P-P contact to contact (or DC) and 1500 VAC P-P
contact to test panel. Section 6.2.3 specifies current carrying capacity
at about 1.8 A per contact at 20 C derated to zero at about 72 C. The
same spec  section 6.2.5 specifies 500 M ohm insulation resistance
tested at 100 V d.c.

The cable must meet higher requirements for all of the above voltage
proof and insulation resistance measurements.

I know there are some safety requirements in UL as to exposure to
voltage and current contacts, I'm not sure which specification covers it
though.

Sterling Vaden