With Larry on this

Hi

I am with Larry on this, the Charged-cable problem is not too new,
possibly might get worse with dc power on cables, but to think that
we can require a spec on this is opening a can of worm that might
require a lot of work, and could lead to either under specing or over-specing
this phenomenon, for the variables are numerous.

I'd say the same way EMI is being solutionned now, ESD will shape itself
slowly, the added cost might be more than we like but making sure the detection
scheme passes "ESD" and transient is an important matter.

roger