From: owner-stds-802-3-pwrviamdi@ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-pwrviamdi@ieee.org]On Behalf Of Rick Brooks
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 3:15 PM
To: stds-802-3-pwrviamdi@ieee.org
Subject: hazard matrix testing

I am wondering who would be willing to help test the various discovery
methods against a wider range
of non-Ethernet devices, based on the hazard matrix chart.
So far, most of this testing has been related to finding what devices might
fool the discovery processes.
But, we also need to test for what happens when we plug a non-Ethernet RJ-45
device (that also supplies power)
into a PSE with a given detection scheme. Does any damage occur?
Also, we probably need more testing for discovery on non-Ethernet RJ-45
devices.
Who can help out?
thanks,
- Rick