RE: Specifying Discovery

Peter-

You represent yourself, perhaps as a member of the IC Vendor community. You
don't represent anyone else in 802.3 unless you have a liaison position.
Membership is by individual.

I am not disagreeing with the merit of your point of view, quite the
contrary. There are significant legal and traditional reasons why we need
to define interface parameters and characteristics rather than an
implementation. An example implementation that satisfies our requirements
my be helpful though.

Geoff