DTE Power: January 2001 802.3af Interim in Irvine

Colleagues,

This one has crept up one us! I hope everyone had a good holiday! I
appreciate the presentations that have arrived unbidden (you know who you
are and will get gold star!) It's time to remind everyone else that we will
be meeting next Monday and Tuesday, January 8 and 9 in Irvine, and that I
would like to have presentation requests in as soon as possible.

Please send your request for presentation to the Chair, along
with a PDF copy. Please send a PDF copy to David Law
(David_Law@eur.3com.com), our
Webmaster, and request that he post it to the January 2001 Interim Meeting
Materials for 802.3af area.  The goal is to have all presentations on the
site prior to the
meeting dates. Presentations which are not on the Website three days prior
January 8 will be scheduled on a "space-available" basis. Hard copies of
the presentation must be provided in order to present. The reproduction
costs are the responsibility of the presenter. Don't forget to remove any
boilerplate from the slide that has a company copyright or confidentiality
disclaimer.

David Law has asked me to remind everyone of the requirements for the
"Document Info" fields in the PDFs:

When PDF files are produced for placing on the web site please make sure
that the "Document Info" fields of the PDF file are completed as follows. To
do this is in you own interest as it will make it easier for others to
locate your presentation.

Title     :- Place the title of your presentation here
Subject   :- IEEE P802.3af
Authors   :- Place the presentation authors here

Information on how to access this information is as follows:-

Adobe PDFWriter
===============
To enter this information if you are using Acrobat PDFWriter then when the
'Save
PDF File As' dialog appears hit the 'Edit Document Info.' button, enter the
information, and then hit 'OK' button.

Adobe Acrobat
=============
To access these fields from Adobe Acrobat either use the menu options:
'File' -> 'Document Info' -> 'General' or the shortcut CTRL-D

I look forward to seeing you in Irvine,

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
President
Co-Chair, ESTA Control Protocols Working Group
Chair, ESTA ACN Task Group
http://www.esta.org
Chair, IEEE 802.3af DTE Power via MDI Task Force
http://www.ieee802.org/3/af/index.html
High Speed Design, Inc.
11929 NW Old Quarry Road
Portland, OR 97229