RE: PSE vs. PD power dissipation again

To all,

I must agree with Peter.  Multi-port PSE with integrated FETs is very viable
today and offers many benefits.  Higher level of integration means smaller
size and less component count, thus reduces system complexity and over all
cost while at the same time increases system reliability.

Thong Huynh
Sr. Mkts. Corp. Apps. Engr.
Maxim Integrated Products
ph. 408-530-6375