RE: PD power

Brian,

The numbers that you saw in the draft where the power supply ad-hoc draft
proposal that I have sent month ago and was presented by Karl in March
plenary.
The 19.5W is an error and it should be 17W. Which is  (44V-0.5A*20R)*0.5A=
17W during startup. (0.5A/100mSec for startup only, supplied by PSE)

And you right, it is supporting option 3 which is the natural way to handle
this situation and is being used for many many years in the power supply
field.

Yair.