RE: Potential heating problem with standard patch Cat5 panels

Title: RE: Potential heating problem with standard patch Cat5 panels

From my personal experience, a 12 degree C rise is trivial and would not cause any
PC board discoloration, unless the PC board was operated above 100 degree C.
Or the PC board material is faulty. I wonder if it is FR4.

If the patch panels are being damaged, there must be a whole lot more current involved than 350ma,
or the traces are very thin, or it has a different cause.

- Rick