RE: Potential heating problem with standard patch Cat5 panels

What is the worst case of the two cases:

Case 1: PC board trace with 0.07W/inch generating 12C rise
Case 2: 0.07W dissipated on 0805 SMT resistor rated to 125mW and its area is
8mils x 5 mils.

I know that case  2 is being used without failure reporting. Since in case 2
the power density/area is much higher than case 1, it seems that it is not a
real problem.

What others think about it?

Yair.