Re: Potential heating problem

Rick,

Not sure what you are saying. Yes, the connectors are rated higher. So
what?

The weakest link is the issue. Nowhere did I challenge the connectors
except where defective parts may be involved. I was trying to explain
the low level board failures by postulating bad connections. I have seen
improperly crimped plugs that create problems. I have also seen jacks
from a major supplier that took an insertion set that made them fail the
secondond time they were pligged into.

So I think we may be talking at cross purposes.

Jack Andresen