RE: insuring the stability of power delivery

Few comments.
In general I agree to the concept described by Brian.
I am not sure that the method of how to specify it is the right one.
The reason is that we need to check that adding the 3-5db to the PSE output
impedance allows low cost PD dc/dc converter designs with its EMI filter.
In other words, we need to check what is the typical PD input impedance with
EMI filter of standard low cost implementation and than compare it to a
standard PSE output port impedance. When we will have these results, we can
evaluate what should be the best definitions or should we add special tricks
to handle it.
Remember that we have two scenarios:
A:  A Single big PSE power supply is connected to multiport system and the
PSE output impedance is changed due to the status of each port
     (connected or disconnected, full power or low power etc.)
B:  Each port has its own 15W power supply.

We can always say, well we are defining only one port. However we cant
ignore how multiport system change the 1 port parameters...

As Roger said.. more fun.

Yair.