Re: [802.3af] clocking over ethernet

Joerg

Your application may be best served by using the Network Time Protocol
(NTP).

It is fairly inexpensive to implement a small NTP client in Ethernet
devices, and getting cheaper.

You may wish to look at this comprehensive URL:

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/

and also read the archives at the Usenet newsgroup:

comp.protocols.time.ntp

regards

Steve Jackson

* * *