[802.3af] 802.3af standards

Title: 802.3af standards

Gentlemen, I am being told today by a source that the 802.3af standard has been released for Powering Voice terminals over Ethernet. Can you clarify this for me and where may I obtain information.

We represent several Manufacturers including Mitel, Avaya and Cisco and all 3 require different operating voltages today. These manufacturers are telling me that the standard is still in discussion and that it could be “some time” before released.

Any information would be helpful and appreciated.

Thank You,

Dave Andersen

Dave Andersen

Senior Sales Engineer