[802.3af] My Tuesday Action Item, new figs for 33.1.3

Gang-

Here are my revised drawings to replace the architecture diagrams. Again, I have done them in a drawing program other thna Frame. Sorry but they will have to be redrawn.

John asked that I also provide revised text and captions for 33.1.3, Done.

We can review Wednesday AM.

Geoff

33.1.3 Relationship of Power via MDI to the IEEE 802.3 Architecture

Integrated power via MDI comprises an optional non-data entity within the Physical Interface Circuitry. As a non-data entity it does not show up in a depiction of the ISO Reference Model.
Figure 33--1 depicts the positioning of the Power via MDI entity in the case of the PD.

Figure 33--1--DTE Power via MDI Powered Device (PD) relationship to the Physical Interface Circuitry and the IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD LAN model

Figure 33--2 and Figure 33--3 depict the positioning of the Power via MDI entity in the cases of the end-point
PSE and the midspan PSE, respectively.

Figure 33--2--DTE Power via MDI Midspan Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) relationship to the Physical Interface Circuitry and the IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD LAN model

Figure 33--3--DTE Power via MDI Endpoint Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) relationship to the Physical Interface Circuitry and the IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD LAN model

ArchDwgsDTE-Pwr.pdf