[802.3af] P802.3af Update

Colleagues:

I wanted to bring you up to date on the progress of P802.3af at IEEE. We are
on the RevCom agenda 11 June, 2003, and the Standards Board on 12 June,
2003. All the feedback I have received to date suggests that the standard
will be approved. I will send a final message to this reflector after the
Standards Board meeting. At that time, the reflector will be taken down and
the project will be moved into the "archive" section of the 802.3 Web site.

John Jetzt, Bob Grow, David Law and I have been working with Catherine
Berger, our project Editor, to get the draft ready for publication. At this
time the scheduled publication date is 11 July, 2003, and will be titled
"IEEE Std 802.3af-2003." This will be technically identical to our last
balloted draft, D4.3. "IEEE Std 802.3af-2003" will be incorporated as Clause
33 into the next update of the 802.3 in 2004.

There are no 802.3af Task Force meetings at the July Plenary meeting in San
Francisco. My final report to the 802.3 Working Group will be during the
Opening Plenary meeting on Monday, 21 July, 2003, (1:00PM - 5:00PM.) I hope
that as many of you as possible will be able to attend and share in the
congratulations from the Working Group.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
President
Co-Chair, ESTA Control Protocols Working Group
Chair, ESTA ACN Task Group
http://www.esta.org
Chair, IEEE 802.3af DTE Power via MDI Task Force
http://www.ieee802.org/3/af/index.html
Secretary, IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/
High Speed Design, Inc.
11929 NW Old Quarry Road
Portland, OR 97229