Re: [RE] Resume (was: Network topology requirements (was: [RE] CE app lications ))

I think Tokyo Disney Sea is a good example of the difference between
managed and unmanaged systems. I assume that the visitors of Disney Sea
did not select, purchase and install the CobraNet system.

That is the home in a nutshell. The average consumer is expected to
know nothing about their home network system. It should be plug and
play, no configuration, no administration.

So this brings up the the idea of using categorized priorities with
admission control. I believe such a solution would be expensive,
cumbersome and likely unacceptable to the consumer.

-John Gildred
Vice President of Engineering
Pioneer Research Center USA
A Division of Pioneer Electronics