Re: [RE] video signals over ethernet/fiber

My question about video signal delivery over ethernet/fiber
was driven by the following thoughts. Excuse me if I am being
frivolous here - its at a birds eye perspective setting aside
technicalities.

"Home IT-networks of the future similar to existing
home-electrical-power-networks of today"

A few analogies -
   - Same transport medium feeding different "consumer"
      (computing, in our case) devices
   - cables hidden inside the walls
   - outlets available in all rooms.

The idea that follows the above is
that my PC/computing-device and monitor(s) and other peripherals are not
collocated. All devices tap into the common transport medium.

In this scenario, the first thing that came to my mind, as one that would
be demanding in terms of delay/jitter/bandwidth, was the video signal
delivery as between the PC and monitor.

Obviously this idea would require a whole new set of interfaces
for the commonly used devices such as the PC, monitor, keyboard,
sound systems, TV, etc.

thanks,
chez