From: owner-stds-802-3-re@IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-re@IEEE.ORG]
On Behalf Of Steve Carlson
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 3:00 PM
To: STDS-802-3-RE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [RE] January 802.3 Interim Session

Colleagues,

The next meeting of the IEEE 802.3 Residential Ethernet Study Group will
be
Monday, January 24, 2005 and Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at the January
2005
802.3 Interim Session at the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver, BC.

Please see http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html for details and
registration information.

At our last meeting we refined a list of objectives for RE that are in
scope
for 802.3. Presentations should focus on the 802.3 component, how any
802.1
component might be addressed (dicision of labor), and scope for the  PAR
and
5 Criteria.

Requesting Presentation Time

Presenters shall request time by 5PM Pacific time on Monday, January 17,
2005.

Requests shall be submitted to the Chair.
The presenter shall provide the following information:

Name of presenter
Title of presentation
Length of time requested(30 minutes maximum, unless special arrangements
have been made with the Chair. This should include time for questions
and
answers)

If the "requesting presentation time" deadline is missed, time will be
provided on a best-effort basis following the completion of the regular
agenda (or as deemed appropriate by the chair).

Presentation Submission

A PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation be must be
emailed to the Chair by Wednesday, January 19, 2005 at 5PM Pacific time.

If the presentation submission deadlines are missed, the presenter will
be
allowed to present only if electronic copies or hard copies of the
presentation are made available to the group at the beginning of the
meeting
and the group approves the addition of the presentation to the agenda.

Presentations shall be available to the group a minimum of 24 hours
before a
motion can be made on any material contained within the presentation.

Presentation Style Guidelines

Failure to meet guidelines may result in a loss of requested
presentation
time.
Presentations must be submitted in PDF format.  Neither the chair nor
the
Web Master will convert presentations to PDF format.  Presentations not
in
PDF format will be returned.
Avoid graphic intensive backgrounds or other decorative graphics.
No animations, audio clips, video clips, etc.
Presentation should be less then 1.4 MB.
No marketing pitches, product pitches or corporate pitches.
No pricing, costs, ASPs, etc. are permitted.  Relative costs, ASPs, etc.
are
permitted (i.e. option 1 is 3x the cost of option 2).
No company copyright or confidentiality statements.  All presentations
are
posted to a publicly available web site.  If the presentation is not
ready
for public disclosure, then it should not presented.
To support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the
'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as
follows:

Title :- Title of presentation