From: owner-stds-802-3-re@IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-re@IEEE.ORG]On Behalf Of Michael Johas Teener
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 9:43 AM
To: STDS-802-3-RE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [RE] PAR

Hi, Paul ...

Its a personal opinion, but I think shared by the vast majority of the SG
that we mean "standard 802.3 frames". The proposals that I've been working
on use normal 802 addressing and 802.3 framing. Indeed, in the 5 criteria,
we have the following statement:

"As an amendment to IEEE Std 802.3 the proposed project may require
minimal augmentation of existing MAC specifications and will use existing
PHYS utilizing full-duplex mode."

The intent, I believe, is to keep framing as is ond only add things to the
MAC that are explicitly necessary to support the isochronous transport of
those frames.

         Michael D. Johas Teener ‹ mike@plumblinks.com
http://public.xdi.org/=Michael.Johas.Teener - PGP ID 0x3179D202