[RE] Conference calls for progress reports (corrected July dates)

As approved by the the SG meeting in Austin, Iąd like to propose a series of
rotating *one hour* conference calls to organize work and report status.
These calls are not for extensive technical or planning discussions, but
rather for a way for people to report on the status of work items and to
propose new work. Questions should be be kept rather short, since Iąd like
to keep the vast majority of the discussion on line via reflector email.

In order to minimize the pain of coordinating the work on (at least) three
continents, we are going to have the meetings at 0700, 1500, and 2300 PDT on
Tuesdays (1600, 2400, 0800 CEST and 2300, 0700, 1500 JST/KST). I can set a
free conference call, with a US-only (unfortunately) toll-free number, but
if someone else can provide a three-continent toll-free number, that would
be good.

For now, here is the proposed schedule:

May 31, 0700 PDT    May 31, 1600 CEST   May 31, 2300 JST/KST
June 7, 1500 PDT    June 8, 2400 CEST   June 8, 0700 JST/KST
June 14, 2300 PDT   June 15, 0800 CEST  June 15, 1500 JST/KST
June 21, 0700 PDT   June 21, 1600 CEST  June 21, 2300 JST/KST
June 28, 1500 PDT   June 29, 2400 CEST  June 29, 0700 JST/KST
July 5, 2300 PDT    July 6, 0800 CEST   July 6, 1500 JST/KST
July 12, 0700 PDT   July 12, 1600 CEST  July 12, 2300 JST/KST
(July 18-21 is the next IEEE 802 Plenary ... the SG will meet July 19-20,
see http://ieee802.org/meeting/index.html)

The agenda for the conference call will be published on this reflector 24
hours in advance. Since the first meeting is coming so soon, and May 30 is a
major US holiday, I'd like to publish that agenda late today.

Proposed agenda for May 31:
1) Status of 802.1 coordination (MJT)
2) Status of 1588 coordination (MJT)
3) Proposed technical subgroup for admission control (TBD)

 ... it should be a short call, but if anyone else needs to be on the
agenda, let me know ASAP

In addition, I have reserved time on the conference bridge for 1400-1600 PDT
on Wednesdays for subgroup discussions (whether planning or technical), and
have a conference room available here in San Jose at the Broadcom facility.
This is only for intense discussions among small groups to resolve detailed
issues ... and they must take notes and report back to the main reflector.
If anyone wants to use this capability, they must make a request to me
(publicly on this email reflector), and I will put that on the agenda.

         Michael D. Johas Teener ‹ mikejt@broadcom.com
office +1-408-922-7542 cell +1-831-247-9666 fax +1-831-480-5845
http://public.xdi.org/=Michael.Johas.Teener - PGP ID 0x3179D202