[RE] Several more questions

David,

The discussion in the call yesterday clarified many points.  I looked at the
code on p.10 again, and have several more questions:

1) Line 14 has the statement tempRate = diffRate2+clockstrobe.diffRate

Should the diffRate2 really be diffRate1, i.e., the locally computed rate
difference?  Since tempRate is used in the next line to compute diffRate,
which is the cumulative rate difference, it seems that diffRate2 should be
diffRate1.  Also, diffRate2 is not defined anywhere else (so if it really
should be diffRate2, then can you define diffRate2).

2)On lines 20 and 21, should the quantity tick really be rxTick.  rxTick is
computed on line 19, and right now doesn't seem to be used anywhere else.
tick on line 20 and 21 does not seem to be defined anywhere.  But, it seems
the adjustment on line 20 should be based on rxTick.

3) In computing myDelta and csDelta in lines 23 and 24, it appears you are
computing the differences over 2 sampling time intervals instead of 1.  Is
there a reason for this?  We can of course compute differences over any
number of sampling time intervals; we could also go beyond this if we wanted
and use a digital filter that attempted to remove noise (because
approximating a derivative by a difference is sensitive to noise).  Is there
a reason for using a difference over 2 time intervals (assuming that is what
was intended)?  Note:  The reason it appears you are computing the
difference over 2 time intervals is that csDelta = csTime - csTimeB.  A
difference over 1 sampling time interval would be csDelta = csTime - csTimeA
or, if you wanted a one sampling time delay, csDelta = csTimeA - csTimeB.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Geoff
Geoffrey M. Garner