[RE] Packet sequencing reference

Gentlemen,

Here's a reference I thought might be of interest to RE: http://wpanther.fast-mail.org/siller.pdf .

Paper describes temporally-based switching networks, which in my view would lay on the RE field very nicely.

In effect it's a Holy Grail of QoS guaranties, allowing

*) low and deterministic propagation delay
*) near-zero jitter
*) bandwidth guarantees and streams isolation.

Of course nothing comes for free, and in this case complexity of implementation is certainly a pitfall. I still believe thought that with moderate complexity in the switches it should be possible to utilize this concept, or at least some parts of it.

If group feels like this might be useful I could do a little further research to see what's involved.

Max.