From: owner-stds-802-3-re@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-re@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Michael Johas Teener
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 11:28 AM
To: STDS-802-3-RE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [RE] Video question

Ah, yes ... and the requirements for DV are:

DV-SD – 25 Mbit/sec (This is a kind of motion JPEG with 4:1:1 encoding ... non-pro chroma)
DV-HDV – 25 Mbit/sec (this is consumer HD with MPEG-2)
DV50 – 50 Mbit/sec (motion JPEG with 4:2:2 encoding ... better chroma)
DV100 – 100 Mbit/sec (HD motion JPEG with 4:2:2 encoding ... no interframe compression so easy editing)