[RE] Minutes of 2005Jul14 meeting

All,

Minutes of yesterday's discussions are attached.

Minutes by David V James
Adhoc on Residential Ethernet
Wednesday, 2005Jul13, 14:00-16:00 PST
JGG
3180 South Court
Palo Alto, CA 94306

Meeting ID:          802373
Toll Free (US Only): + 1 877-827-6232
International:       + 1 949-926-5900

Attending:
Alexei Beliav*            Gibson
Dirceu Cavendish*         NEC Labs America
George Claseman           Micrel
Felix Feng*               Samsung
John Fuller*              Independent
Kevin Gross*              Cyrrus Logic
David James               JGG
* via teleconference

Regrets:
Conflict with 1588 meeting:
  Geoffrey Garner         Samsung
Conflict with family reunion:
  Michael Johas Teener    Broadcom

Note:
If you were attending and have not been listed,
or observe error in the preceding listing, please
send correction instructions to:
  dvj@alum.mit.edu

1) Rough agenda:
   a) Discuss techniques for refining subscription.
   b) Review early "pacing" writeups.

2) Subscription:
   a) Reviewed the current technique, described in
      the posted white paper.
   b) Observed our listener-to-talker and merging
      of stream-BW setup is a bit different than
      envisioned for GARP, but possibly do-able.
   c) Concluded that Mick Seaman would be very helpful.
      Will request that our Chair see if we can get
      and time from Mick to help/advise at the next
      Plenary in San Francisco, on the subject of
      GARP-based subscription.

3) Pacing:
   a) Reviewed the recent white paper revisions.
   b) Note that classB is tentative is appropriate
      (might be removed if not found to be useful)
      should be added.
   c) Note that some complexity is needed to get
      2-cycle (as opposed to 3-cycle) pacing delays.
      A note should describe associated complexities
      and note that latency vs simplicity tradeoff
      will continue to be reviewed.
   d) John Fuller noted editorial clarifications,
      for 5.7.8 and 5.7.9 to improve clarity.
      Suggestions seemed good.

4) Next meeting:
   a) Discussion of San Francisco Plenary results
   b) Location:
      Wednesday, 2005Jul25, 14:00-16:00 PST
      Broadcom
      3151 Zanker Road